Privacy terms and use of Personal Data
This document describes our privacy terms and how we collect and process your personal information and that of your companions through our website, forms, call center, and services at our lodges.
Responsible for personal information
Explora is responsible for the processing of personal information collected directly. We are not responsible for the information provided by travelers to agencies or other intermediaries through which the reservation of services is made.
What customer personal information does Explora collect?
We collect personal information from you and your companions to continuously improve our services and communication with you. These are the types of information we collect:
Information you provide: We receive and store all the information you provide to us in relation to the Explora services, which allows us to deliver the service in a personalized way focused on the particular needs of each traveler.
Some of the moments in which we collect your information and that of your companions:
- When making a package reservation through any means: Explora website, call center, tour operators, and any other means. In addition, medical information will be collected regarding allergies, frequently consumed medications, physical activity-limiting conditions, recent surgeries, muscle injuries, or recent fractures. We will also collect information about dietary restrictions or preferences. Likewise, we will collect your preference regarding the means through which we can communicate with you for the operation of tourist services or for the publication of written and/or audiovisual material regarding the trip.
- Automatic Information: Every time you use the Explora services, we automatically receive and store certain types of information, such as information about the use of our website, including your interaction with the content and services available. Like many other websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers to collect certain information when your Internet browser or device accesses Explora Services:
We may store and use information about your computer, mobile device, or other hardware element through which you access the Web, your visits and use of the website (including, among others, your IP address, geographic location, browser/platform and version, Internet service provider, operating system, source/exit pages, visit duration, page visits, website navigation, and search terms you use).
Why does Explora process your personal information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide and improve our services, and to improve the quality of the communication we deliver to you and/or your travel companions.
These purposes include:
- Purchase of services: We use your personal information to accept and manage reservations, deliver services, process payments, and communicate with you regarding reservations, third-party services, and promotional offers.
- Problem resolution and improvement of Explora services: We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of Explora services.
- Recommendations and customization: We use your personal information to recommend additional services or tour packages that may interest you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Explora.
- Compliance with legal obligations: In some cases, we have a legal obligation to collect your personal information.
- Communicate with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you regarding Explora services through different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Advertising: We use your personal information to show ads based on your interests related to services that may interest you. Email marketing: Sending promotional mailings.
Does Explora share your personal information?
We do not engage in selling our customers’ and their companions’ information. Explora only shares personal information of its customers for the following reasons:
- Third-party service providers: We hire other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf and in that case your information is shared so that services can be delivered (ground or air transportation services, specific classes, specific excursions). Your data will only be used for that purpose.
Is my personal information safe?
On our website, we work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL), which encrypts the information you input. Our databases encrypt your information and have security systems in place to prevent information leaks.
When handling credit card data, we work with payment portals that comply with Payment Card Industry data security standards, such as Pay Pal and WebPay.
What information do I have access to and what can I do with it?
If you want to access your personal information, make any modifications, or have it deleted from our communication contact database, you can contact us and request it via email at email@example.com.
According to our business policies, you have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information continuously and indefinitely to provide you with more and better information. The period will be until we receive an instruction from you to delete this information.
Contacts, notifications, and revisions
If you have any questions regarding privacy at Explora or want to contact our data controller, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry, and we will try to resolve it.
Unless otherwise stated, our current privacy terms will apply to all personal information we process about you and your companions.