END YOUR YEAR CONNECTED TO NATURE AND THE SACRED VALLEY WITH THE CUISINE OF VIRGILIO MARTINEZ
Because these have been long months in which we’ve missed travelling, we invite you to disconnect yourself from daily worries and celebrate this Christmas and New Year in a special way. Come to one of the most amazing sites in South America and enjoy the best cuisine with the renowned Peruvian chef Virgilio Martinez.
We will have two special dinners for December 26th and 31st , 2020, with the presence of chef Virgilio Martinez, owner of the world’s sixth best restaurant according to the World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 ranking, and designer of our current explora Sacred Valley menu. Also attending will be his sister, Malena Martinez, Director of MATER INICIATIVA, the team behind the research and development of different projects and concepts.
In addition, our explorations will show you from Cusco’s colonial history and the architectural grandeur of the Incas in Machu Picchu, crossing remote villages, archaeological sites (including Ollantaytambo, Moray, Chinchero, and Pisac), to the Andean pampa and mountains. Enjoy a unique route around MIL restaurant, with views to the amazing ruins of Moray, where Virgilio and his team will welcome and guide you across sowing fields, botanical routes, and local communities, all of this finalizing with a culinary proposal.
Celebrate with up to 30% off in our lodge located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Peru, with the flexibility of rebooking your trip up to seven days before your check-in.
YEAR-END DINNER (December 31st)
The year-end dinner will be attended by chef Virgilio Martinez and his Mater Iniciativa research team. It will be held in an outdoor setting in order to connect with nature and rescue some of the ingredients found in the Sacred Valley. In addition, there will be an intimate ceremony to thank the Earth, bid farewell to year 2020, and lively welcome 2021, among other surprises.
MIL RESTAURANT EXPLORATION
MIL, Virgilio Martinez’s restaurant and main research center –located in Moray– will open its doors for only two weeks to exclusively close the year with new seeds. You can enjoy this unique experience guided by its main creators.
At explora, we have devised an exploration beginning in a farming community linked to MIL, which then descends to a viewpoint towards the wonderful circular terraces of Moray. This site is considered an important Inca agricultural experimentation lab where hundreds of species were grown under different microclimates. We will reach the MIL farm to take part on sowing tasks, the beginning of Virgilio’s experience that shows that “there is more outside”. This is completed with a gastronomic proposal inspired by the heights and by fantastic local produce.
(*) The visit to MIL has an additional cost of US$180.00 per person and is subject to the restaurant’s availability.
If you travel with children under 18 years, ask for our special rate of USD 290 per child, per night in an additional room or USD 190 per child under 12 years, per night for an additional bed.
In addition, if you travel with a group of five people or more, explorations and transfers will be private for your group, without additional costs.
You can hire a travel insurance for USD 180 per person to get 100% flexibility for last-minute booking changes or cancellations, free of penalties. To learn more about this fully flexible insurance, click here.
For more information or to make a reservation with children, contact your travel agency, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at:
- Chile: +56 2 2395 2800
- Brasil: 08008783158
- USA: + 1 (800) 8389120
- Reino Unido: 08000869054
- Perú: 080071646
- Argentina: +54 11 5199 0564
- Limited places.
- Minimum three-night stay.
- Rates include taxes.
- Rates do not include third-party explorations or services: Machu Picchu and Mil restaurante menu
- Not combinable with other promotions or benefits.
- If you make a reservation for a holiday period, we require a 30% deposit in order to secure it; the remaining balance must be paid 30 days before arriving at explora.
- If you wish to change your reservation dates, you can do so free of charge up to 7 days in advance of your check-in date. If the change is requested between 6 and 0 days in advance of your arrival date at explora, the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
- You may cancel a reservation free of charge up to 30 days in advance of your check-in date. If you cancel after that period, the following conditions will apply:
- 29 to 20 days in advance of your arrival date at explora: payment of 30% of the reservation.
- 29 to 10 days in advance of your arrival date at explora: payment of 50% of the reservation.
- 9 to 0 days in advance of your arrival date at explora: full payment of the reservation.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS – MIL RESTAURANT:
- The exploration is confirmed with 100% of the payment.
- Does not include pairing, which can be hired in the same restaurant.
- Cancellation and modification policies are the same as the explora reservation.