Archaeology Program at explora Rapa Nui
Rapa Nui has been the cradle of a unique and mysterious culture which still prevails. The language, the music and many other traits have been preserved and are alive among its people, while the giant moais and other archaeological remains stand as witnesses of its history.
This incredible experience will give you the chance to explore Easter Island and to get to know its history in depth. Every day, you will carry out explorations walking through archaeological remains and the amazing landscapes of this Island. The program also includes thematic talks and meeting with a local family.
This program is led by Terry L. Hunt, archaeologist of the University of Arizona, who has devoted part of his career to unveiling the mysteries of the Rapa Nui people: a civilization that developed apparently isolated from foreign influence and which built the moais –some of them standing taller than 20 meters and weighing more than 75 tons. These statues have given rise to a myriad of theories and folktales.
The program includes:
- Transfers to/from the airport
- Accommodations at explora Rapa Nui
- Three meals per day, plus snacks and open bar
- Selection of the best explorations for the archaeological study of the destination
- Gear for bike riding explorations
- Trekking poles
- Tickets to natural reserves and archeological sites
- Archeology talks by Terry L. Hunt, author of The Statues That Walked.
- Use of pools, hot tubs and leisure areas
- Wi-Fi in common spaces
For information about itinerary, dates and rates, please contact our Head of Groups and Incentives, Patricia Solis, at: email@example.com