KELLY PIQUET’S TIPS TO EXPLORE THE CHILEAN PATAGONIA
The it-girl Kelly Piquet has just spent a season in Chilean Patagonia and shares her tips and choices at the destination with RG. Kelly stayed at the Explora hotel on the edge of the Pehoé Lake, in the heart of Torres del Paine National Park in Chilean Patagonia. As its name suggests, the proposal is to explore Patagonia – there are 50 trails and horseback rides through the region, with several levels of difficulty and duration. Check it out!
Tips and Explorations in Torres del Paine
By Kelly Piquet
– Sleep one night with the bedroom curtains open so as to be amazed by the brightness of the starlit sky.
– Walk along the decks of Explora Patagonia that cross from one lake to the other to feel nature and observe the wonderful condors flying freely.
– Dive into the lake Pehoé from the spa deck. The water is very cold, so the feeling of getting into the jacuzzis is wonderful.
– Do the Nordenskjold walk with the wonderful view of Paine Grande and its huge glaciers. As you walk you can hear the sound of the ice breaking and the wind blowing across the mountains.
– Explore the Laguna Sarmiento on a 14 km walk. Lime formations make it a spectacular scenery.
– Conquer the Grey Glacier in a 5-hour walk with the most beautiful views of Patagonia. The exploration begins crossing the turquoise waters of Lake Pehoe in an Explora catamaran. Halfway there you begin to see the Grey Glacier which “grows” as you approach it. After that a small boat picks you up at a small beach and takes you up close to the amazing front wall of the Glacier.