FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHICH ARE THE EMERGENCY HEALTH CARE SERVICES AVAILABLE?
The El Chaltén Health Post is located at only 11 miles from the hotel. For more complex cases, the option is to go to the El Calafate Hospital, at approximately 2:30 hours from the hotel.
All our guides have the Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification, which means that they have the knowledge and skills required to assist people in remote areas.
2. HOW CAN MY FAMILY MEMBERS CONTACT ME IN CASE OF EMERGENCY?
All our rooms are equipped with wifi and landline telephones for your convenience. Extra charges apply to international calls.
3. WHAT GEAR SHOULD I TAKE?
We will provide trekking poles and leggings for free. Please ask for the gear you need to take.
4. CAN I CHANGE THE TYPE OF BED IN MY ROOM?
You can choose a king or double full bed when you book your room. Upon arrival, you may change the bed if you wish, but this is subject to availability.
5. IS THERE AIR CONDITIONING IN THE ROOMS?
No, only heating.
6. WHAT TYPES OF VEHICLES ARE USED TO MOVE AROUND EXPLORA?
Comfortable vans with a capacity for 12 people.
7. WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS TO TRAVEL FROM EXPLORA EL CHALTÉN TO EL CALAFATE IN ARGENTINA AND TO EXPLORA PATAGONIA, PUNTA ARENAS AND PUERTO NATALES IN CHILE?
From explora El Chaltén you can travel for free and on a pre-set schedule between 08:00 and 20:00 hrs. to the El Calafate Airport and the different hotels in the city. The trip to explora Patagonia has an additional cost.
The option to travel from explora El Chaltén to Puerto Natales and Punta Arenas in Chile is not available.
8. WHAT IS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN EXPLORA EL CHALTÉN AND OTHER SITES IN THE AREA?
Explora El Chaltén / town of El Chaltén: 11 miles
El Chaltén / El Calafate Airport: 124 miles
El Calafate Airport / El Calafate: 13 miles
El Calafate / Perito Moreno: 47 miles
El Calafate / Cerro Castillo: 180 miles
Cerro Castillo / Puerto Natales: 37 miles
Puerto Natales / Punta Arenas: 155 miles
explora Patagonia / Calafate: 234 miles
explora Patagonia / El Chaltén: 249 miles
9. IS THERE TELEPHONE OR WIFI SIGNAL IN EXPLORA EL CHALTÉN?
10. ARE TIPS INCLUDED IN THE RATE?
No. At explora tips are voluntary. If you wish, you may tip at the hotel reception at the end of your stay. This will be shared among all those who contributed to making your stay unique. We suggest 100 dollars per day per room.
11. WHAT ARE THE HOTEL’S COORDINATES?
12. WHAT IS THE HOTEL’S ALTITUDE?
Approximately 490 meters above sea level.