Important information regarding the COVID-19 situation
At explora, we are doing everything in our hands to ensure the safety and health of our travelers, in addition to providing as much booking flexibility as possible.
According to these guidelines, we want to keep you updated on the current COVID-19 situation in our destinations, and on the efforts being made by local governments to improve these conditions.
The Governments of Chile and Peru have closed their borders, preventing the entrance of travelers. Given this situation and the evolution of the COVID-19, we have scheduled the opening date for our hotels in Chile and Peru for October 1, 2020.
Since flexibility is one of the aspects most valued by our travelers during this period, we have decided to improve our booking payment, changes, and cancellation policies, as follows:
- The initial booking confirmation payment was reduced to only 10%. The remaining balance is to be paid 30 days before check-in.
- Now bookings can be changed without penalties up to 7 days before check-in.
- Bookings can be cancelled without penalties up 30 days before check-in.
- In addition, you may hire a travel insurance for up to USD 180 per person to get a 100% flexibility for last minute booking changes or cancellations.
Check more details about our special flexibility policies here.
The safety of our travelers and staff is our top priority. Therefore, we have been working on the implementation of different safety protocols to face the challenges posed by the COVID-19. We are advancing in four key areas:
- Heath check-ups to staff and travelers
- Safe handling of food and beverages.
- Hygiene and sanitization protocols.
- Definition of maximum number of people in transportation and common areas.
Check our initial detailed safety policies here.