FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
In Hanga Roa there is a post where emergencies are handled. All of the personnel have Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification, and therefore, have all the knowledge and skills necessary to provide aid to people in remote locations.
2. HOW CAN MY RELATIVES CONTACT ME IN CASE OF EMERGENCY?
By phone: (56 2) 3952700, (56 2) 3952701, (56 2) 3952702, (56 2) 3952703, (56 2) 3952704, by Fax: (56 2) 3952705, or by e-mail: email@example.com
3. WHAT GEAR SHOULD I BRING?
We will provide –free of cost– trekking poles and leg guards for the hikes, and all of the necessary equipment for cycling and snorkeling. Please consult us if you have any doubts about what to bring.
4. CAN I CHANGE THE TYPE OF MY BED IN MY ROOM?
At the time of booking you must select a room with either a king size bed or two double beds. Being in Rapa Nui, if you require, you may change your bed, subject to availability.
5. DO THE ROOMS COME WITH AIR CONDITIONING?
Yes, all rooms have air conditioning, however the hotel is built in such a way that very little use of them is required.
6. WHAT TYPE OF VEHICLES ARE USED TO DROP PEOPLE OFF IN EXPLORA?
Spacious, comfortable vans with seating for up to 14 passengers.
7. AT WHAT TIME DO THE TRANSFERS RUN BETWEEN RAPA NUI AIRPORT AND EXPLORA?
Transport between the Rapa Nui airport and is based on the flight plans of the traveler, both incoming and outgoing. Therefore, there is always a van available to bring you to the hotel or take you to the airport.
8. IS IT POSSIBLE TO SCUBA DIVE IN RAPA NUI?
Our list of explorations in Easter Island considers different diving options both for beginners and experts. This has an additional cost and can be scheduled with our reservation team or directly at the destination.
9. CAN I VISIT THE BEACHES AND EXPLORE THE VILLAGE WITHOUT A GUIDE IN RAPA NUI?
Yes! If you want to go to the Anakena or Oahe beaches, or the village of Hanga Roa, you can take a taxi from the hotel. It’s also possible to travel to town by bicycle. The journey takes about 30 minutes round trip.
10. IS THERE CELL PHONE SERVICE?
There is no cell phone coverage in explora Rapa Nui, however we have landline telephone service at an acceptable cost for clients.
11. IS THE TIP INCLUDED IN THE NORMAL RATE?
No. At explora tips are voluntary. If you wish to leave one, you can do so at reception at the end of your stay. It will be divided among all those who contributed to make your trip a unique experience. We suggest you leave $100 per stay per visitor.
12. WHAT ARE THE COORDINATES OF THE HOTEL?
13. AT WHAT ELEVATION IS THE HOTEL?
It is virtually at sea level.