Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
All of our guides are Wilderness First Response (WFR) certified, guaranteeing that they have the necessary knowledge and abilities to aid people in remote locations.
In the Park administration, 15 minutes from the hotel, there is a paramedic stationed year round. For more serious situations there is a hospital in Puerto Natales, 1.5 hours from the hotel, as well as the Clínica Magallanes in Punta Arenas, which is 5 hours from the hotel.
Contact us if you have any questions.
2. HOW CAN MY RELATIVES CONTACT ME IN CASE OF EMERGENCY?
Telephones (56 2) 3952580, (56 2) 3952581, (56 2) 3952582, fax (56 2) 3952584, or by email email@example.com
3. WHAT EQUIPMENT SHOULD I BRING?
We provide (without additional cost) walking sticks and leg protectors for hikes and all the necessary equipment for horse riding. Please consult the list of equipment to bring.
4. CAN I CHANGE THE BED IN MY ROOM?
Upon making your reservation you may choose a king sized bed or two full sized beds. While in Patagonia, beds can be changed according to availability.
5. DO ROOMS HAVE THEIR OWN AIR CONDITIONING?
No, they only have heating.
6. WHAT KIND OF VEHICLES ARE USED FOR TRANSPORT AT EXPLORA?
Vans, large and comfortable, with capacity for 14 travelers.
7. WHAT OPTIONS FOR TRANSPORT ARE AVAILBLE FROM EXPLORA PATAGONIA TO PUNTA ARENAS , PUERTO NATALES AND EL CALAFATE?
Transfer from explora Patagonia:
- To Punta Arenas airport, leaving approximately 7 hours before the flight. First departure starting at 5:00 am.
- To a hotel in Punta Arenas, leaving at 3:30 pm, approximately.
- Arrival Pick up – Chilean border in Cerro Castillo at 12:00 pm.
- Departure drop off – Argentine border in Cancha Carrera at 12:00 pm.
8. WHAT ARE THE DISTANCES BETWEEN EXPLORA PATAGONIA AND THE MAIN CITIES OF THE AREA?
Explora Patagonia / Punta Arenas: 390 km
Explora Patagonia / Puerto Natales: 140 km
Explora Patagonia / Cerro Castillo: 78 km
Explora Patagonia / Cancha Carrera: 87 km
Explora Patagonia / Calafate: 376 km
Explora Patagonia / El Chaltén: 400 km
9. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ARRIVE BY PLANE TO TORRES DEL PAINE FROM PUNTA ARENAS OR PUERTO NATALES?
No. The closest commercial flights arrive at Punta Arenas. However, private flights exist between Punta Arenas and the airport in Puerto Natales and from other cities in Argentina to the airport in Cerro Castillo on the border with Chile. explora can coordinate transport from both airports to our hotel.
10. IS THERE A CELL PHONE SIGNAL AT THE HOTEL SALTO CHICO?
Neither the hotel nor the surrounding areas have cell phone signal.
11. ARE TIPS INCLUDED IN THE RATES?
No. At explora tips are voluntary. If you wish, you may tip at the hotel reception at the end of your stay. This will be shared among all those who contributed to making your stay unique. We suggest 100 dollars per traveler.
12. WHAT ARE THE HOTEL COORDINATES?
S 51º 06’ 96’’
W 072º 59’47’’
13. WHAT IS THE HOTEL’S ELEVATION?
Approximately 50 meters above sea level.